Sunday, April 1, 2012

23 weeks

Well, the morning sickness is much improved. I still feel icky most of the time, but I haven't actually vomited for a couple weeks. Hurray!

But... I am as big as a boat, and am now finding out what it's like to be very large with child. I remember getting big when I was pregnant with my first daughter, but she was born early and I already weigh as much as I did when she was born. Yikes!!! It turns out that it's impossible to get comfortable when you have a watermelon-sized growth inhibiting normal hip / waste movement. The biggest discomfort right now is that it's really difficult for me to find a position where I can breathe normally. The baby seems to be constantly leaning against my diaphram, so I feel like I'm always gasping for air. I'm going to start exercising a lot more in the hopes that I can keep my overall weight gain down a bit.

Squiggles is finally starting to acknowledge that there is a baby in my belly. She often gently rubs my belly, maybe because it's becoming so prominent. Today when I asked her to say hi to Baby Sister, she waved enthusiastically at my abdomen. I'm certain she has absolutely no concept of what any of it means, but we'll keep working with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment