Sunday, April 29, 2012

3rd trimester–27 weeks

Hallelujah - two trimesters down!  This pregnancy is flying by right now - probably because I have an adorable two-year-old to take care of and a doctorate to finish.

Good new!  We may have come up with a name for this baby. I was listening to the radio the other day and heard a song called "Lily Love" by the Chieftains and The Civil Wars.  The lyrics really grabbed me, and the melody and harmonies are gorgeous.  I had Tim listen to it, and he agreed it was a beautiful song.  Later he came into the kitchen and said, "I like the name Lily.  Let's name her Lily."  So... tentatively, I think that will be it.  Unless we meet her and she looks more like a Susannah or Jane or Eliza.  :-)

lily

Down, down by the sea,
There is a crown of daisies
High, high on a hill
My little Lilly Love

West wind in your hair,
Tied up in golden daisies
She's chasing you down
My little Lily Love

You hide and seek high and low
In every corner of my soul

I almost hear
The sound of your heart beating
Oh, like it's my own,
My little Lily Love

In other news, I have been feeling like my back is going to break.  I don't remember feeling this huge and dysfunctional when I was pregnant with Amelia, but maybe my memory is a bit selective.  I've also been having some fairly intense  contractions - as intense as when I was in labor.  These usually happen at night.  I've had some that occur every five to ten minutes for up to an hour, but they ease up if I drink a glass of water. I have a prenatal appointment Tuesday, so I'll be sure to mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment