Sunday, July 8, 2012

37.5 weeks

IMG_5982

I can’t believe I’ve made it this far!  Friday afternoon, I had another ultrasound to determine the growth rate of the baby.  The woman who performed the ultrasound was really funny and kept saying things (in a Russian accent) like, “I can only estimate, but my estimate is that this baby is… not small.”  She estimated her weight at about 8 lbs., 8 oz.  She showed me a shot of her belly and said, “The baby has a very cute belly… a little chubby belly.”  She also found a shot of her nostrils which she seemed to think was hilarious.

I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow – Tim says I don’t have a prayer of being induced early since the baby is within a perfectly normal weight range.  I’m hoping for a week from tomorrow.  I’d like my sister Cami to be back from vacation, but I also would like to give birth as soon as humanly possible. :-)

The baby has dropped considerably – I can feel her wiggling about very low, and I feel a constant pressure on my pelvic floor.  Hopefully that is a good sign of labor to come shortly!  We finished moving last week and I ended up carrying some rather heavy boxes around.  As a result, I have had a lot of sciatica pain for the last week and it’s really difficult for me to get up and down or walk normally.   I can’t roll over without a lot of grunting.  Squiggles likes to tease me.  When she lies down, she grunts and moans and then starts laughing and says, “I teasing Mommy!”  It’s pretty funny, I have to admit.

I can’t wait to meet this baby and find out what color her hair and eyes are, and to see the first signs of her personality.  I cleaned off my bench and desk at work just in case I go into labor tonight. :-)  I know it’s a long shot, but I can’t help hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment