Sunday, July 15, 2012

What’s hot, what’s not

Listen folks, I may only be one day old, and I may not even have a name yet, but I have some serious opinions about life.

What’s hot: Breastfeeding.  I could do it all day.  Oh, wait – I do it all day.  Can’t get enough.  I’m pretty awesome at it if I do say so myself.

What’s not: Getting my diaper changed.  I hate that so bad.  Leave me alone, parentals and nurses – I’m content to sit and marinate in meconium. 

Hot: Fuzzy fleece blankets.  Swaddle me as tightly as you wish, I love those things.

Not: Scratchy hospital-issue blankets.  Come on, other (no doubt inferior) babies have probably peed on those.  Sheesh. 

Not:  That stupid transparent hospital crib you roll me around in.  Seriously, you call that a mattress?  Sure, a mattress fit for rodents.  Just try sticking me in one of those – I’ll have you wishing you were deaf in a matter of seconds.

Hot:  Mommy’s chest, Daddy’s chest, or snuggled next to Mommy on her hospital bed.  With a fuzzy fleece blanket. 

Hot:  Having my back or bum patted.  Totally relaxes me.

Not:  Mommy singing.  Just… just… just STOP, Mom.  Nice try, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment