Monday, September 3, 2012

Week One

Lily’s first week at home went great.  We all fell madly in love with her right away.  She is such a sweet little girl. 

IMG_6112 (2)

IMG_6137 (2)

IMG_6201

Lily has been able to turn on to her belly since birth.  We were hoping she’d grow out of it (because it’s safer for her to sleep on her back), but she is very opinionated and MUST sleep on her side.  Luckily, she doesn’t like to be on her belly, so when she rolls onto it, she cries and I wake up and put her back on her back.  And then she immediately rolls onto her side.  Naughty baby.

One of the first things we noticed about Lily is that she makes some hilarious faces.  She often looks at us as though she’s suspicious of something.  I haven’t been able to get many pictures of her faces, but I’ll keep trying. 

One of our favorite things about Lily is that she makes funny noises when she sleeps.  She NEVER sleeps quietly – always sighing, giggling (or something that sounds like giggling) or making this funny whimpering noise.  She smiles a lot in her sleep – it’s so fun to just watch and listen to her sleeping.

IMG_6162

I know she’s ready to eat when she starts making suckling noises and trying to suck on her fingers or hands.  If I wait to long, she goes from peacefully sleeping to full blown screaming in a matter of seconds.  This girl is opinionated!

IMG_6120

She usually naps in her carseat or on my bed.  At night she sleeps on a bassinet by our bed – I can’t stand not having her right next to me.  Oh, we love this little baby girl!

IMG_6141

No comments:

Post a Comment