Monday, June 4, 2012

32.5 weeks

I can’t believe this pregnancy is mostly over. It seems like I’m going to pregnant forever and ever.  I sometimes have a hard time conceptualizing this baby ever being anywhere other than my belly (more specifically, sitting on top of my bladder).  I am so, so, so, so, so excited to actually hold this baby… in my ARMS.

Next week is the dreaded 34-week mark!  I am having a baby shower at 34 weeks, 2 days… exactly how far along I was when my water broke with Squiggles.  I’ll be happy when that day comes and goes… hopefully with only the baby shower to count as an exciting event.

I’m totally smitten with the baby already.  She sticks her bum against my abdomen right above my belly button, so I pat it and sing her songs.  This seems to encourage her, and she sticks her bum out even further. If I feel her back, I rub it, and she sticks it out further as though to say, “More, more!”   Maybe this baby will actually enjoy cuddling!

We have been going on walks to the pond almost every day, and I try to swim and lift weights at the gym a couple times a week.  I keep trying yoga, but I start having contractions whenever I try to do any core exercises / stretches (downward dog, plank, etc.). 

I am so uncomfortable in so many ways that I have stopped keeping track.  The other day, one of my professors (John) asked me why I was limping.  I honestly hadn’t really noticed.  I shrugged my shoulders, and he said, “Just another pregnancy thing?”  (He has two kids).  I said, ""Yeah, I guess.” 

My uterus is taking up the spaces formerly reserved for not only my bladder, but also my diaphragm, stomach, ovaries, intestines, and probably lungs.   I have to pee every hour, preferably every half hour, and I’m constantly wheezing because I can’t catch my breath.

But I know it is all worth it.  Like I said, I can’t wait to meet this baby.  I’m so excited I could pee my pants.  Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment