Monday, May 28, 2012

31 weeks

I had a checkup Thursday, and everything looks good.  My cervix is partially effaced, but not dilated at all.  Phew!

The baby is extremely active right now – I feel her off and on all day, and if I had to guess, I’d say she turns herself around and upside down approximately 6 times a day.  That’s probably not possible, but that’s what it feels like.  Her movements are visible on the outside, and it always makes me laugh to see my belly change shape or get jabbed outward.

I’m starting to get a bit nervous about labor and childbirth, I guess because I’ve never given birth to a full-sized baby.  My birth “team” is going to consist of Tim and Cami… Cami is the designated photographer. I’d invite Lance, but he’ll still be in Utah.  At Mount Auburn Hospital, they will only let me have three people present, so it can’t be another party (Tim, Cami, Karen, my mom, and my dad) like when Squiggles was born.  That was a lot of fun – seriously.

I’m still pretty puffy… hoping to shed some water weight before it gets super hot. We are moving in a couple weeks, so things are going to get really busy.  And... unfortunately, the morning sickness seems to be back.  Not as bad as weeks 8-16, but ... ughhh.  The last few days have been a bit of a struggle.  Oh well.. only 8 more weeks!  Wahoooo!  I'm so excited to kiss this baby's face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment