Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 weeks

Good news – I passed my glucose tolerance test yesterday!  Which means I can now feel free to consume 100 grams of sugar in five minutes on a regular basis, I guess.  (Just kidding – I’m still not over the sugar assault.)

This morning I had a prenatal appointment with Dr. MacKenzie.  It was just a short appointment – he wants to see me every couple weeks now that my due date is getting closer.  The heartbeat sounded great.  I told the doctor that I was feeling quite a bit of pressure on my pelvic floor, so he felt around and confirmed that the baby has dropped and is hanging out down south.  I’m pretty sure she’s jumping on  my bladder most of the time (with her head, I guess).  I have to pee approximately every 15 minutes.  For reals.

I’m pretty convinced that this baby is going to come early (wishful thinking?)– maybe a month or so early.  Tim is pretty convinced that I’m going to go full term (definitely wishful thinking) and has informed me that there will not be a third offspring if I don’t comply.  I asked him how (specifically) I should go about complying with his wish, and he said, “Just think positive.”  Ha ha, he’s such an expert on that sort of thing.

Last night when Tim was putting Squiggles to bed, he asked her what we should name the baby.  She said, “Pretty Piggy” at first, but when Tim asked about Lillian, she said, “Uh HUH!”  He asked her what the middle name should be, and she said, “Head Toes.”  Sounds good.  He then asked her if we should name the baby “Susannah,” and she said, “Oh yay!  Sue-Nana!  Sue-Nana!  Sue-Nana!”  I guess she likes that one even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment